Saturday, May 14, 2011

Child friendly dining in Budapest, Hungary

Child friendly dining in Budapest, Hungary?
I am currently living in Budapest, Hungary within just a few blocks of the Opera House and the Octagon. There are numerous wonderful restaurants in the vicinity, can anyone advise me of restaurants that are child friendly? My son is 16 months old and so far I have found only two restaurants (a pizza place and an Indian food take out place) that make us feel welcome as opposed to giving us stink-eye. Having child seats/booster seats does not matter (we have our own) as much as the attitude of the establishment regarding children. I feel as though sometimes I am being given evil looks when I bring my son to a restaurant with me, I want a place that enjoys children and truly doesn't mind them eating at the establishment. I would prefer to stay away from the typical American fast food joints, so please don't tell me about the McDonald's and Burger King that are around the corner. Thank you very much!
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I actually don't know of any. I live very near you when we are in Hungary.( we live there 6 months per year) All I can suggest is maybe going out to eat on off hours before the places get busy. My Hungarian husband has just suggested that you could get a babysitter. It is easier to find a baby sitter then a good restaurant. I also got "attitude" when going out in Hungary when our 33 year old son was only 2 years old. I have been visiting Hungary for many years and know the service isn't always the best. Also, you might consider that for most Hungarians it is super luxury to go out to eat. Maybe the servers and others give you dirty looks because they wish to escape for awhile and not be bothered with having children around. It is just part of being a parent to feel like you are shut out of some things. Sorry not to be more helpful.





Read more discussions :

Search News