Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My boyfriend lives in Hungary and I was wondering if we got married would that make him a legal immigrant

My boyfriend lives in Hungary and I was wondering if we got married would that make him a legal immigrant?
If it helps, I live in California in the Bay Area. The last I checked, the law said that I would have to bring my boyfriend to the US and marry him within 90 days, but I was told that the law was changed and I would like to know if it is true. I was also wondering if he would need to work on getting a work visa before he gets here and we got married?
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That's a long way to go to find a boyfriend. I'd be suspicious if I worked at the immigration department.
2 :
No,the law hasn't changed. If you bring him here on a fiance visa,you have to get married within 90 days. Of course in order to get this visa,you will have to prove you have enough income to support him. He will get permission to work here after you have filed the proper paperwork when you are married.
3 :
to add on to Jan's answer, you need to prove the relationship is real. That comes down to convincing a case officer you are in love and plan on staying married. It's all subjective, for me it was easy to prove and my wife got her visa quickly.
4 :
Follow the flowcharts here http://familybasedimmigration.com/forum/index.php





Read more discussions :

Search News