Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What is the cost of living in Hungary

What is the cost of living in Hungary.......?
I am a first generation Hungarian American. My husband and I are relocating to Hungary when we have enough money to live on and not rely on finding work. Assuming that our house is paid for, how much do these categories cost on a monthly basis: 1. Necessities: food, utilities (222 square meter house), car insurance, cell phone, house insurance, cleaning supplies/shampoo/soap etc... 2. Non Necessities: How much would you want to have each month for the Non necessities such as books, music, gifts, local travel, the unplanned doctor visit, medicine, clothes, entertainment, etc... 3. How much would you want to have left over to be able to save for the future and for very large expenses: wedding, serious travel, emergency, entertaining overseas visitors? Please give me a HUF range amount for each category, an amount that would allow you to satisfy each category. Assume this is for a family of 4 including 2 small children. Thank you I really do want the itemized list. No web site details exact costs for specific items of daily living. I need this as part of our plan to relocate PERMANENTLY to Hungary in a few years. All my family is there and I just need to confidence and accurate numbers/info to adequately prepare here while we can. My husband and I want to be 10000% prepared in worst case scenario: no jobs/income. Learning the language and adjusting to the very different life and miscommunications and misunderstandings will be challenging enough. If you take the time to give me the itemized version in the 3 different categories I am requesting, you will be helping me to Come Home to Hungary. Thank you in advance! Good Idea, Zoltan! I am adding a detailed list to your blog. And I'll ask the question again here with the complete list.
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've started to write a list, but it's really depends on your needs, so I've looked up a site to answer for your question: http://www.filolog.com/costofliving.html http://www.travelotica.com/travelguide/175/hungary/costs-money-and-banks-30621.htm The two sites are correct, I agree with the prices mentioned there. Two more things: be prepared, if you ask this question "What is the cost of living in Hungary?" Hungarians are going to start complaining: "Everything is cost an arm and a leg, everything!!!" That's not exactly true :) - Hungary is still has moderate prices, but Hungarians just like this when you mention the cost of living... I've just seen a list where Budapest was voted the best European capital to live - by foreigners. Of course you are won't be a foreigner at here, but I wish it to be your favourite place:) /You didn't mentioned which part of Hungary do you want to live - some prices could be different/
2 :
hi oke the car insurance :120$ every 3 month(21000 huf) cell phone u can buy here a prepaid and they are really good not like in the states when u dont have money here tjey still can reach u. cleanning supplies (include everything):120$/month or if u buy the cheap stuff .(21000huf) the house insurance is matther where u do get it:20$-who knows.(3000 Huf-who knows wgóhich one u choose ) for other use such as medicine and everything every month buy 200$ (40000 huf) but if u have a hungarian insurance that would be cheaper they are goint to do the same thing in the states anyway if u dont have insurance u can buy it is cost 40-50$ a month each person.(6000 huf -9000huf) and if u want have some money left i dont knwo each month maybe 300 dollar (is about 60000huf) Hungary is getting a little bit expensive) Good luck try always find the cheap stores like in the states have a dollar store here have to and like the wallmart they have tesco and lidl good stores just cheap.
3 :
Dear Ms Lets contribute! If you could give a detailed list of your needs i could complete it with prices in HUF! Best wishes, Zoltan Among your question i have started a blog Howto relocate to Hungary? (small returning guide for Hungarian American people and family.) I would be glad if you could help me maintaining it.





Read more discussions :

Search News