Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Any information on studying abroad in Hungary? (Esp for an African American Female)

Any information on studying abroad in Hungary? (Esp for an African American Female)?
I'm going to be studying abroad in Veszprém, Hungary this coming spring semester (Feb -Jun). I love to travel plus I'm a very open minded person. And before I travel to a different country I'm kind of OCD when it comes to researching the culture, studying the language and getting as much information as possible. But when I research Hungary, I get a lot of information in some areas (history, tourism.. e.tc) however when I try to research stuff like the Language, Cultural do's and don'ts, and the experience of other brown skinned people who have visited the country, I can barely find anything. So I would like to know: -What would it be like for an African American to live in hungary? -Do you know of any good resources for me to use to start studying the language? -What are some of the cultural do's and don'ts.. what should i expect to see, that I normally wouldn't see here in America? Thank you so much in advance!
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is a great book that may help you with understanding the culture of Hungary "Culture Shock: Hungary". Studying the language is harder - it would probably be helpful to you to contact some Hungarian book stores here in the US or Canada and see what kind of language instruction books and programs they sell. I don't think the Rosetta Stone program has a Hungarian version. Have a great time in Veszprem - it's a beautiful city.





Read more discussions :

Search News