Sunday, July 1, 2012

What percentage of the Hungarian population hates gays

What percentage of the Hungarian population hates gays?
Are younger people any more accepting than their parents and grandparents, or are they raised in an extremely homophobic society? I'm wondering cause my parents were born and raised in Hungary (in Budapest) and they are both rather homophobic. But, compared to my extended family, especially the ones that still live in Hungary, they are very accepting haha My aunts, uncles, cousins all hate gays. Even the kids say nasty stuff (along with the expected anti-semitic and anti-gypsy statements which I've, sadly, gotten used to) So, is there ay hope for Hungary to become a liberal, forward and accepting country like in Northern and Western Europe?...or would they prefer to remain backwards? (sorry for the harsh statement. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud to be of Hungarian descent, but I am sad for the country) My hungarian is pretty bad, but I'll try to translate at least the main question for those of you that aren't very good at English: Hany szazalek a Magyar emberekböl utalja a meleg embereket? A fiatalokis utaljak öket annyira mint az öregek? Köszönöm szepen a valaszokat.
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think your relatives have this negative attitude because they are Hungarian, it most likely comes from there living their whole lives in one place and not being exposed to new things. My husband is from Hungary. We know several gay Hungarian men, some that live outside of Hungary and one that now lives there in Budapest. My husband is very straight but not afraid to come into contact with gay people, he knows it doesn't rub off or whatever. Hungary isn't the problem, narrow minded people can be found everywhere.





Read more discussions :

Search News