Thursday, June 21, 2012

Should I move to England and where

Should I move to England and where?
My family and I live in Hungary. I am a US and Hungarian citizen. We lived in the states, but things didnt work out and plus it is too far away from family, since everyone moved back to Hungary. I have a middle grades math teaching degree, my husband is a city bus driver. We are just not happy with where we live. We are both working our son is in daycare and I dont want him to forget English. With our work we are just stagnate and not able to move up the ladder. I miss some parts of the American culture, but I know that I would also miss the European way of life. But my problem is we dont have too much money and I dont know where we will be able to find a job. Any ideas on if this would be a good move or not? And if we were to move where? Thank you in advance for some advice.
Other - United Kingdom - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nothing makes England better then the USA, the weather is always sh1t, the law is some what sh1t also, not many attractions, gets boring, stuck up people, i would recomend you should move to another state or city, gl in what ever you decide to do. Eros!
2 :
If you have jobs right now then I would suggest that you stay where you are until the world recession eases off as there are around 3 million people searching for jobs here in the UK right now, even people with degrees are applying for jobs at places such as McDonald's. Edit Take a look at his article for an example of how desperate people are for work here... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221199/Postal-strike-Last-ditch-talks-amid-union-fury-plans-hire-30-000-timers-run-Christmas.html
3 :
London rocks the most multicultural area in the world heck there probably be millions of Hungarians living there so London's the best bet but the weather is a big bad and theres loads of jobs because it's so big
4 :
Anna - I see that you have a maths teaching degree? We are so short of maths teachers in the UK I am sure you would be able to find a job.! The question is where to live? I suggest that you subscribe to the Times Educational Supplement (TES) and look for maths teaching jobs. Alternatively you can send your CV to the numerous teaching agencies in the UK. Be prepared to be called for an interview at short notice. It is however getting more difficult to get work permits in the UK so start applying now! Also -it might be a good idea to apply for private schools in the UK, some are boarding schools and they can often provide family accomodation for teachers-which would really help your situation. I think that once you have found a job then that would determine where you live. Hope that helps
5 :
You are lucky that you have a job as a teacher. And your husband is lucky as well. Why don't you further your education in mathematics? Or convince your husband to go back to school. Math teaching jobs are always in demand. Times are tough in the U.S. right now. Government spending is out of control. Corporations are moving jobs overseas to China and India (but these corporations still want American consumers). I know what its like since I am a Canadian, and my wife is Hungarian, and I am living and working in the States. But times are tough in Hungary as well. But you're at an advantage with your knowledge of English and also because you are a math teacher. However salaries are low, and the cost of living is high. But life in England is tough also. Very high unemployment. Probably tougher than the States right now. Canada is in better shape than either the U.K. or the U.S.
6 :
No stay away your not wanted here.





Read more discussions :

Search News