Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hungary, it's lifestyle, pop culture, etc

Hungary, it's lifestyle, pop culture, etc?
Hi! I'm going to live/study in Hungary for the next year and I have a lot of questions or things I would like to know. - Famous musicians, pop culture. - I'm a music student and I know that music education in Hungary is amazing. So, everybody reads music, plays an intrument, etc? I can find classes wherever I go? - How's night life in Hungary? I'm going to be 17 (and later turn 18) when I arrive, which means it won't be yet legal for me to drink, but is it ok to break that rule. In Portugal (where I live) I go out since I was 13 and nobody checks. Do young people (younger than 18) go out, even though it's not legal? - How does school work? Is it cool? - Are people nice? Is there any hungarian social network I could check, so that I could check how people work? I tried facebook, but everybody's profile is blocked. - What extra-school activities can I do, what sports do hungarian people play? - What cool things is there for me to do/ see? Are there cool summer festivals, crazy parties, etc. - What web sites are there, for me to spy Hungary and the Hungarians, places and lifestyle? - I know it's hard to learn the language, but is it just very hard and I need to work hard on it, or it's absolutely impossible for me to talk decently in a 9 month experience? - Anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. I'm sorry for making such a long question(s), but please be patient. Thank you
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not sure how strict the drinking laws are to get into clubs but it is strict here for non- drinking and driving. You will not learn much Hungarian in 9 months, more like 5-10 years of hard study. I have been married for over 35 years to a Hungarian and unless you study hard, it doesn't just come to you. Hungarians your age speak some English, most do in the city but it varies as to their real comprehension. Some would rather not speak English because they are afraid to show they make allot of mistakes and others just go ahead and give it a good shot. There are many festivals in the summer months , I will give you a site to check out. www.budapestinfo.hu Hungarians are friendly enough but takes some time to get close to them, rather private some what cold at first, they almost never smile in public and come off as either rude or uncarring. All sorts of sports over here, swimming and rowing are big as well as football ( soccer) That's about all I can tell you as I am 56 years old and know nothing about teen years here.
2 :
About music: Musicals are popular in Hungary. For pop this link is good, but mostly it is in hungarian- www.pop.lap.hu look for heading angolul (in english). Upcoming tours at Papp László Sportaréna Sting Symphonicity Tour June 30, 2011 Carlos Santana July 05, 2011 Sergio Mendes July 07. 2011 Guano Apes October 15, 2011 Rihanna December 08, 2011 For summer festival see the famous Sziget fesztival www.Sziget.hu choose language english when you bring it up.





Read more discussions :

Search News