Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Canadian Seeking Hungarian Passport

Canadian Seeking Hungarian Passport?
My grandparents were both born in Hungary in the late twenties and left in the 50s. My mom was born in France in the early 60s. I have several questions: 1. Does my mom have to obtain a Hungarian passport before I apply? 2. To obtain a Hungarian passport do I need to speak the language? 3. I know Hungary is part of the EU, but do I have to live in Hungary for the required 8 years before I can move around? Thanks for your help! :)
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will need to make enquires at the Hungarian Consulate http://www.huembwas.org/
2 :
chances are high that you are not eligible for hungarian citizenship as your mother was not born in hungary but ask the hungarian embassy just to be sure
3 :
You can't apply for a Hungarian passport since as you stated your mom obviously holds another citizenship than the Hungarian. Hungarian citizenship at birth however is only acquired if at least one parent was Hungarian citizen. The only way to get a Hungarian passport for you would be through naturalization, in other words you would need to live and work in Hungary for at least eight years before you can start the naturalization process. http://www.coe.int/T/E/Legal_Affairs/Legal_co-operation/Foreigners_and_citizens/Nationality/Documents/National_legislation/Hungary%20Act%20LV%20of%201993.asp ..




Read more discussions :

Search News