Saturday, January 7, 2012

Would you describe average wages and typical costs of living in your country

Would you describe average wages and typical costs of living in your country?
I live in Hungary, where average monthly wages (salaries) are around 500 USD (or 350-400 euros). I know it is not too high in international comparison, at least among developed countries. But costs of living are relatively low, too, here, at least prices of food or other products. But housing costs - I mean the price of electricity, gas, water - are high. And that is why are our household budgets are mostly tight. For example you might buy one kilogram (2 pounds) of bread or one litre of milk for about 1 USD (I mean its equivalent in HUF), 1 kilogram of meat for 2-6 USD (depending on its type - I also mean liver etc.). I think we have to pay about 400-500 USD for housing costs monthly. Our monthly family income is about 850 USD. (I have a wife and three children and we live in an average sized flat.) What about your country? Could you give me some similar examples?
Economics - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in California,USA My husband and I are mainly a single income family, he is in the military. He makes about 4000 USD a month. Almost 2000 USD of that goes towards our home, 400 USD on bills, and about 200 USD on groceries. The rest is ours to do as we please. But, when I live in Arizona, USA, I pay 300 USD in rent and I don't really buy groceries, which means that we would have an extra 1900 to do as we please. I suppose it's not rich according to American standards, but currently we are better off than most.
2 :
You can check average prices in a lot of different cities (but not wages) in this page: http://www.expatistan.com





Read more discussions :

Search News